How to Make Wire Wrapped Earrings with Coils
Hi my crafting friends! Today I have another wire wrapping tutorial to share with you guys. In this project, we'll use fresh water pearls, briolette gem and wire coils to create a pair of elegant vintage earrings. This is a great starting point to learn how to use wire coils in a jewelry design. Now let's get started!
Materials Needed (click to get the product)
- 20cm(8inch) 22-gauge gold filled wire (for the earring frame)
- 50cm(20inch) 26 or 28-gauge gold filled wire (for the coils)
- 40cm(16inch) 28-gauge gold filled wire (for wrapping)
- 18 3.5mm fresh water pearls (9 for each earring)
- 2 briolette gem stones
- 24 2mm gold seed beads (12 for each earring)
- 4cm gold filled chain (divide to 4 pieces)
- a pair of earring hooks (learn how to DIY them here)
Step 1. Make the Earring Frame
Step 2. Make the Wire Coil
Step 3. Assemble the Earrings
As always, I prepared for you a complete step-by-step picture instruction for your reference. If you like this tutorial, please don't hesitate to pin the image and share the project with more friends. Thank you!